You Can't Lose with the Blues Lafayette Harris Jr.
- 1He's My Guy03:26
- 2I Love You, Yes I Do04:11
- 3Blues for Barry Harris05:03
- 4Don't Let the Sun Catch You Crying04:20
- 5Ev'ry Time We Say Goodbye04:55
- 6Things Ain't What They Used to Be03:29
- 7Love Me in a Special Way05:33
- 9You Can't Lose with the Blues06:43
- 10Wonder Why05:16
- 11Please Send Me Someone to Love05:32
- 12The Juicy Blues05:05
Info for You Can't Lose with the Blues
Baltimorean pianist Lafayette Harris Jr. is known for an energetic sense of rhythmic vitality, a tasty, full bodied musical approach to the keyboard, and a sensibility drenched in the blues. A staple at the Lenox Lounge in Harlem for a number of years as well as a member of various aggregations led by Max Roach, Harris’ new recording reflects this experience as well as a myriad of influences, from boogie-woogie legend Sammy Price to Kenny Barron and Barry Harris, all of whom encouraged Lafayette as an up-and-coming player. Bassist Peter Washington brings a forceful sense of rhythm and lyrically rounded solos to the date, and drummer Lewis Nash keeps the rhythms swinging strongly and as steady as a Swiss watch. A thoughtful setlist and sterling sound from the Van Gelder Studio makes this a self-recommending album.
Lafayette Harris Jr., piano
No biography found.