Label: Les Disques ATMA Inc.
Composer: Claude Debussy (1862-1918), Karol Szymanowski (1882-1937), Leoš Janáček (1854-1928), Maurice Ravel (1875-1937), Ralph Vaughan Williams (1872-1958)
Album including Album cover Booklet (PDF)
Dear HIGHRESAUDIO Visitor,
due to territorial constraints and also different releases dates in each country you currently can`t purchase this album. We are updating our release dates twice a week. So, please feel free to check from time-to-time, if the album is available for your country.
We suggest, that you bookmark the album and use our Short List function.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Yours sincerely, HIGHRESAUDIO
- Ralph Vaughan Williams (1872 - 1958): The Lark Ascending:
- 1Vaughan Williams: The Lark Ascending (trans. for flute and piano)15:33
- Maurice Ravel (1875 - 1937): Sonatine, M. 40:
- 2Ravel: Sonatine, M. 40: I. Modéré (trans. for flute and piano)04:06
- 3Ravel: Sonatine, M. 40: II. Mouvement de menuet (trans. for flute and piano)03:00
- 4Ravel: Sonatine, M. 40: III. Animé (trans. for flute and piano)03:44
- Leoš Janáček (1854 - 1928): A Tale:
- 5Janáček: A Tale: I. Con moto – andante (trans. for flute and piano)04:56
- 6Janáček: A Tale: II. Con moto – adagio (trans. for flute and piano)03:40
- 7Janáček: A Tale: III. Allegro (trans. for flute and piano)02:40
- Claude Debussy (1862 - 1918): Prélude à l'après-midi d'un faune, L. 86:
- 8Debussy: Prélude à l'après-midi d'un faune, L. 86 (Trans. for flute and piano)10:51
- Karol Szymanowski (1882 - 1937): Myths for violin and piano, Op. 30:
- 9Szymanowski: Myths for violin and piano, Op. 30: I. The Fountain of Arethusa (trans. for flute and piano)06:10
- 10Szymanowski: Myths for violin and piano, Op. 30: II. Narcissus (trans. for flute and piano)07:14
- 11Szymanowski: Myths for violin and piano, Op. 30: III. Dryads and Pan (trans. for flute and piano)07:42
Info for Mythes
Ariane Brisson, flautist, and Olivier Hebert-Bouchard, pianist, present Mythes, an album of transcriptions of works by Claude Debussy, Leo Janacek, Maurice Ravel, Ralph Vaughan Williams, and Karol Szymanowski. Inspired by the magical, mythical world of sprites and fairies, the program includes Debussy's Prelude a l'apres-midi d'un faune in an arrangement by Gustave Samazeuilh; Janacek's Pohadka (A Fairy Tale); and Ravel's Sonatine pour piano in transcriptions by Ariane Brisson; along with Vaughan Williams' Lark Ascending, and Szymanowski's Mythes for violin and piano, Op. 30 both transcribed by Ariane Brisson.
"I have always loved those moments where reality and fantasy embrace one another," says Ariane Brisson. "I drew inspiration from the idea of playing on ambiguity: from the ethereal to the magical."
Selected as 'Decouverte de l'annee' at the Prix Opus 2019-2020 Gala and Grand Prize winner of the Prix d'Europe competition in 2013, Ariane Brisson stands out for the refinement of her interpretations. She has been a member of the Pentaedre ensemble since 2016. As Principal Flute with the Grands Ballets Canadiens Orchestra and the Orchestre symphonique de Drummondville, and as a regular collaborator with Les Violons du Roy, she has performed throughout North America as well as in Europe and Asia.
Multi award-winning pianist Olivier Hebert-Bouchard is a founding member of Trio Emerillon and Prisma. He collaborates regularly with outstanding Quebec musicians including flautist Ariane Brisson, clarinettist David Dias da Silva and cellist Stephane Tetreault. He has appeared at many international festivals, including Orford here in the UK.
Ariane Brisson, flute Olivier Hébert-Bouchard, piano
No albums found.
No biography found.