Evita: Original London Cast Recording (Remastered) Andrew Lloyd Webber
Dear HIGHRESAUDIO Visitor,
due to territorial constraints and also different releases dates in each country you currently can`t purchase this album. We are updating our release dates twice a week. So, please feel free to check from time-to-time, if the album is available for your country.
We suggest, that you bookmark the album and use our Short List function.
Thank you for your understanding and patience.
Yours sincerely, HIGHRESAUDIO
- 1Requiem For Evita (Original London Cast Recording)01:52
- 2Oh, What A Circus (Original London Cast Recording)06:45
- 3On This Night Of A Thousand Stars (Original London Cast Recording)01:49
- 4Buenos Aires (Original London Cast Recording)03:32
- 5Goodnight And Thank You (Original London Cast Recording)02:30
- 6I'd Be Surprisingly Good For You (Original London Cast Recording)03:09
- 7Another Suitcase In Another Hall (Original London Cast Recording)03:12
- 8A New Argentina (Original London Cast Recording)02:19
- 9Don't Cry For Me Argentina (Original London Cast Recording)05:45
- 10High, Flying Adored (Original London Cast Recording)03:36
- 11Rainbow High (Original London Cast Recording)02:37
- 12And The Money Kept Rolling In (And Out) (Original London Cast Recording)03:57
- 13Waltz For Eva And Che (Original London Cast Recording)03:58
- 14She Is A Diamond (Original London Cast Recording)01:55
- 15Lament (Original London Cast Recording)04:19
Info for Evita: Original London Cast Recording (Remastered)
Highlights of the original London Cast Recording of the hit Andrew Lloyd Webber musical featuring Elaine Paige in the title role along with pop star David Essex.
Evita charts the young and ambitious Eva Peron’s meteoric rise to sainthood. Set in Argentina between 1934-1952, the Tony-winning musical follows Eva Duarte on her journey from poor illegitimate child to ambitious actress to, as wife of military leader-turned-president Juan Peron, the most powerful woman in Latin America, before her death from cancer at age 33.
Evita’s memorable “Don’t Cry For Me Argentina” was recorded and released in 1976 followed by the complete rock opera concept album, which went gold. The stage production opened on June 21, 1978 at the Prince Edward Theatre in London with Elaine Paige in the title role and Joss Ackland as her formidable Juan Perón.
John Priseman, bass
Anthony Stark, cello
Avis Perthen, cello
Paul Kegg, cello
Lenny Clarke, drums
David Whyte, guitar
Ian Laws, guitar
Kate Wilson, harp
Hubert Starr, horn
John Winch, horn
David Firman, keyboards
Paul Maguire, keyboards
Duncan Kinnell, percussion
Phil Brown, trombone
Norman Archibald, trumpet
Simon Ferguson, trumpet
Beatrice Harper, violin
Diana Cummings, violin
Mark Berrow, violin
Nina Whitehurst, violin
Raymond Prescott, violin
Susan Lynn, violin
David Lawrence, woodwind
Hilary Grubb, woodwind
Richard West, woodwind
Andrew Lloyd Webber
is the composer of some of the world’s best-known musicals.
When Sunset Boulevard joined School Of Rock, Cats and The Phantom Of The Opera on Broadway in 2017, Andrew became the only person to equal the record set in 1953 by Rodgers and Hammerstein with four Broadway shows running concurrently. Other musicals he has composed include Aspects Of Love, Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, Jesus Christ Superstar, Evita and Love Never Dies.
As well as being knighted by Her Majesty the Queen in 1992 for services to the theatre throughout the world and being appointed Honorary Life Peer in 1997, Andrew's awards as a composer and producer include 7 Tonys, 7 Oliviers, 14 Ivor Novellos and an Oscar.
This album contains no booklet.