Version 2.0 (20th Anniversary Deluxe Edition Remastered) Garbage
Label: Infectious Music
Subgenre: Modern Rock
Das Album enthält Albumcover
Entschuldigen Sie bitte!
Sehr geehrter HIGHRESAUDIO Besucher,
leider kann das Album zurzeit aufgrund von Länder- und Lizenzbeschränkungen nicht gekauft werden oder uns liegt der offizielle Veröffentlichungstermin für Ihr Land noch nicht vor. Wir aktualisieren unsere Veröffentlichungstermine ein- bis zweimal die Woche. Bitte schauen Sie ab und zu mal wieder rein.
Wir empfehlen Ihnen das Album auf Ihre Merkliste zu setzen.
Wir bedanken uns für Ihr Verständnis und Ihre Geduld.
- 1Temptation Waits (2018 - Remaster)04:36
- 2I Think I'm Paranoid (2018 - Remaster)03:38
- 3When I Grow Up (2018 - Remaster)03:24
- 4Medication (2018 - Remaster)04:08
- 5Special (2018 - Remaster)03:43
- 6Hammering in My Head (2018 - Remaster)04:52
- 7Push It (2018 - Remaster)04:02
- 8The Trick Is to Keep Breathing (2018 - Remaster)04:11
- 9Dumb (2018 - Remaster)03:50
- 10Sleep Together (2018 - Remaster)04:03
- 11Wicked Ways (2018 - Remaster)03:43
- 12You Look So Fine (2018 - Remaster)05:22
- 13Can't Seem to Make You Mine (2018 - Remaster)02:54
- 1413x Forever (2018 - Remaster)03:54
- 15Deadwood (2018 - Remaster)04:21
- 16Get Busy with the Fizzy (2018 - Remaster)02:55
- 17Soldier Through This (2018 - Remaster)03:48
- 18Thirteen (2018 - Remaster)03:30
- 19Lick the Pavement (2018 - Remaster)02:42
- 20Medication (Acoustic) (2018 - Remaster)04:10
- 21Tornado (2018 - Remaster)03:42
- 22Afterglow (2018 - Remaster)02:30
Info zu Version 2.0 (20th Anniversary Deluxe Edition Remastered)
20th Anniversary remastered reissue of Garbage’s acclaimed second album.
Three years after the electronic-tinged rock of their 1995 self-titled debut made them a worldwide name, Garbage returned with its highly anticipated follow-up. If its title suggested Version 2.0 was more of the same, it was actually a starker, darker record than its predecessor. Frontwoman Shirley Manson exuded a similarly sensual eroticism with her vocal delivery, but, on the whole, the music was more irascible and confrontational—even the plaintive, slow melody of "Medication" sounds like it was deliberately defiled to be less accessible.
The one exception is "When I Grow Up," a blistering track that—although addressing issues of mental instability—is pure pop perfection. But even sublime singles "Push It" and "I Think I'm Paranoid" are threaded through with coarse electronics, while the admittedly gorgeous strains of "The Trick Is to Keep Breathing" come off as if the band are trying to mask its beauty.
That's something that defines the B-sides included with this 20th anniversary edition. "13x Forever" is a sinister pulse of off-kilter noise, "Like the Pavement" is a burst of paranoid, discordant sleaziness, and the almost-loungey lilt of "Afterglow" is a glowering masterpiece. While "Get Busy With the Fizzy" is as bad as its title, and the funky sound experiment that's "Tornado" is somewhat unsuccessful, two decades on, Version 2.0 still shudders with immensely powerful portent and a devious, chilling originality.
“Version 2.0 is, in my opinion, the quintessential garbage record,” “We are all very grateful to the millions of people who took it to their hearts at the time it was released and to those who continue to love on it still” (Shirley Manson)
“Version 2.0 is the sound of a band growing up, evolving, and more than anything, gaining confidence. When we started recording, we made a conscious decision to not re-invent ourselves, but rather take everything we learned from our debut album and filter it through the new digital technology we were grappling with. Sonically, the album has moments of razor sharp clarity and soft beauty. Indeed, it’s possibly our best album.” (Butch Vig, drummer & co-producer)
Keine Biografie vorhanden.
Dieses Album enthält kein Booklet