Beethoven: Trios à cordes, Op. 9 Trio Arnold
- Ludwig van Beethoven (1770 - 1827): String Trio in G Major, Op. 9 No. 1:
- 1String Trio in G Major, Op. 9 No. 1: I. Adagio - Allegro con brio (G Major)09:26
- 2String Trio in G Major, Op. 9 No. 1: II. Adagio ma non tanto e cantabile (E Major)07:25
- 3String Trio in G Major, Op. 9 No. 1: III. Scherzo. Allegro (G Major) - Trio (C Major)04:43
- 4String Trio in G Major, Op. 9 No. 1: IV. Presto (G Major)05:03
- String Trio in D Major, Op. 9 No. 2:
- 5String Trio in D Major, Op. 9 No. 2: I. Allegretto (D Major)07:32
- 6String Trio in D Major, Op. 9 No. 2: II. Andante quasi allegretto (D Minor)05:15
- 7String Trio in D Major, Op. 9 No. 2: III. Minuet. Allegro (D Major) - Trio (B Minor)03:42
- 8String Trio in D Major, Op. 9 No. 2: IV. Rondo. Allegro (D Major)05:50
- String Trio in C Minor, Op. 9 No. 3:
- 9String Trio in C Minor, Op. 9 No. 3: I. Allegro con spirito (C Minor)07:10
- 10String Trio in C Minor, Op. 9 No. 3: II. Adagio con espressione (C Major)07:10
- 11String Trio in C Minor, Op. 9 No. 3: III. Scherzo. Allegro molto e vivace (C Minor) - Trio (C Major)02:55
- 12String Trio in C Minor, Op. 9 No. 3: IV. Finale. Presto (C Minor)05:39
Info for Beethoven: Trios à cordes, Op. 9
The “best of my works,” as Beethoven described his String Trios Op.9 when they were published in July 1798.
Indeed, the young composer surpassed himself throughout a triptych of works combining beauty of sound, formal originality and a high degree of instrumental virtuosity.
Trio Arnold, one of the few permanent ensembles specialising in the string trio repertory, bring to these masterpieces the right blend of perfectionism and intensity that makes for great interpretations.
The Arnold Trio
was born in 2018 from the meeting of three young soloists, Shuichi Okada (Violin) Manuel Vioque-Judde (Viola) and Bumjun Kim (Cello).
All three winners of major international competitions (Lipizer, Markneukirchen, Primrose, Tertis, Osaka…), they are regularly called upon to play on the greatest stages as soloists and chamber music players: The Victoria Hall in Geneva, the Théâtre des Champs Elysée, the Philharmonie de Paris, Salle Pleyel, the Louis Vuitton Foundation, the Berlin Philharmonic, the Liège Philharmonic, Schloss Elmau, the Matsumoto Harmony Hall or the Tanglewood Seiji Ozawa Hall…
Greatly influenced by a decade of training at the prestigious international chamber music academy of conductor Seiji Ozawa, where they received advice from Pamela Frank, Nobuko Imai and Sadao Harada, the ensemble is characterised by its constant search for a highly homogeneous sound usually reserved exclusively for string quartets. Ensemble in residence at the Singer-Polignac Foundation, the 2020 and 2021 seasons of Trio Arnold are devoted to the complete string trios by Ludwig van Beethoven to be published in 2021 for the Mirare Label.